Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 3/4 - 2am what am i doing up awake???

This is going to be quick as its already late, but i wanted to detail my food proceedings before i forget.

Today's breakfast was Coles White Bread toasted ($1.11). Vegemite/Peanut Butter is just way too expensive to have as a topping. I think i may need to look into acquiring some butter to at
least stop my mouth from the blandness.Lunch also saw toast except this time with 220g can of "You'll love" Coles Baked Beans($1.76).
Unfortunately, i managed to skip dinner again due to my futsal commitments. I'm going to have to address this whole skipping dinner business, can't be good for me.

So far these no-name/house brands have proven to be quite the cost effective way to purchase
food. Taste wise, I can't really say anything negative against them when compared to other "Premium" brands. I know a person who works for Woolworths in the Quality Assurance department and they assure me that much research and trials are conducted to ensure that these retail house products (You'll Love Coles.. and Woolworths Select) are comparable to other brands in taste and quality. From my viewpoint, why pay more for food when you are getting comparable products? More on this at more suitable hour.

Total Cost: $2.87

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WAZZA! Couldn't you go hunting for those $4.95 pick-up pizza coupons, buy a pizza a day and have a couple slices for brekky, couple for lunch and couple for dinner?

Unknown said...

here ya go:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/dominos.com.au

amie said...

You bet your butt it's tested and tasted. Did you know there are about 75 red kidney beans per 100 g?