Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 30 - The End is Nigh

Into the final hour as i type this last expenditure post. My month long challenge comes to an end.
I thought i would share some questions that were asked to me today.

So what are you going to do Warren? Are you going to splurge on a dinner out at Tetsuyas?
- No i'm not, i don't think my tastebuds are ready for it yet + last i heard from friends was that there is a 6 month waiting list

Are you glad it's over with?
- Absolutely positively Yes!!

So have you got anything out this little silly experiment?
- Most definitely yes! I'll post a reflective entry later to summarize my thoughts, learnings and the total expenditure on food.

Are you going to shout me lunch now for all those times i had to listen to you whine about not eating?
- Not unless you want some cheese with that whine!

Monday
Breakfast: Sweet Bun
Lunch: Wholemeal Buns with Baked Beans and Ricotta.
Dinner: Rice

Total Cost:$ 4.45

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many of your meals were from your mother?

SS Buchanan said...

A good trick is - hang around in Coles about 7pm. I haven't quite worked out the right time, but if they have leftover BBQ chickens, they try to get rid of them, so they drop the price. You can often get a regular size chicken for $5. Have that with some rice and lettuce and you could have 2 _good_ meals for about $8.